There's no place like home

Hey guys, last week was rough as an understatement for me and I ended up going to Fargo for work. Easy job,it was so different from any other time I’ve been out that way. This time, Fargo looked like a fucking Ghost Town, I get that this covid-19 shit is important and we all need to practice social distance stuff blah blah blah but for Fucks sake. I am just flabbergasted at how dead everything is. I grew up in a small town, buttfuck nowhere North Dakota and that's how my small town living looked like in my childhood. Definitely not something you expect to see when you're in Fargo or Grand Forks or shit, Bismarck. This last week on my long run I ended up stepping wrong and jacking up my knee, I took a week off to rest it, which would be good but I spent 12 hours crawling around on my knees working in floor boxes. But thankfully my knee is finally starting to feel better so next week back to running, slow down my cross training that I've been pretending but I've been doing and get back into it and I know I'm not training for any races right now, but they're coming I hope I get to do them yet I sure do like running. Somehow my job has been considered as essential, I get it is technology. And I'm so stupidly thankful that I'm able to work yet I would definitely be in a different position I'm not fucking rich so if I wasn't able to  work I'd be fucked.

I always get asked if there's any place I'd like to travel too, who doesn't love a good vacation... when you can actually leave the house. Personally, I'd love to go to London, I know cliche- I get it. Where would I go? North London, maybe in Enfield, North London. This is one of Britain's most beloved and well-known ghost / Poltergeist stories and I remember hearing about it not only from The Conjuring 2 but also from a podcast “And That's Why We Drink” Em did it amazing coverage on the learned a lot from their research which definitely piqued my curiosity even more so it gave me another reason to do even more research into it. 

The story of the Enfield Poltergeist begins back in 1977 and is centered on the Hogsden Family; specifically on the youngest daughter Janet.

The family consisted of Peggy, the mother; there were two daughters Margaret and Janet; and two sons Johnny and Billy. They were living in a semi-detached Council house in Enfield. By all accounts, it was a normal and boring Council house in London, so nothing fancy. What intrigues so many people in the area or even across the world was that it was a normal home, it wasn't a hotel, Castle, prison, Cemetery or what have you. Because this place was so normal, it normalized the activity. Made it so it could happen to you in your own home.

The first actual event of the quote haunting is believed to be either the beds moving around in Janet and Margaret's room or the chest of drawers moving forwards and then moving back. However, Peggy the mother I told the children to quit and dinking around and didn't believe the kids when they're like ‘hey we're not doing it’. Her mind was changed real quick when she moved the chest of drawers back to its original position, and then it moved on its own accord. When that happened Peggy became pretty scared and rightfully ran to the neighbor's house. The neighbor actually followed them back to the house and heard unexplained noises which included knocking and banging noises randomly throughout the house. No one could identify a source for the noise. The police were even called and arrived to investigate the noises and after a search of the house,  they were not able to trace any source noise. Another one of the reasons why people have always been so intrigued by this story, is that there's so much photographic evidence recording the paranormal events. Once the police were brought in, the activity got out of hand. Items such as glasses, plates, books, what have you, were thrown around the house on a pretty regular basis. Janet, the youngest daughter would randomly start to speak in strange voices and would snarl. She was also being thrown around her bedroom.
The Conjuring 2: what really happened during the Enfield Haunting?
So the image above you can see that this girl she's in a very unnatural position. Now- I'm a grown adult- so I would never obviously try this myself. But it's very hard to jump off of a bed in that position and get that height. Again, not saying that I tried it. But I totally tried it. It's really really hard to get that kind of height and that angle and is very unnatural. This image was actually caught by two paranormal investigators from the society for  Physical research. Maurice Grosse and Guy Playfair, still believe that this haunting was genuine, not a hoax. And these two investigators are responsible for this now famous image of Jana being thrown across the room. What about the picture below... real? hoax? Either way, pretty fucking creepy.
Ghost news Enfield Poltergeist: 'What I went through was real ...

Personally I think the most interesting part of the story is one of the voices that Janet  was said use. It was a very low Gruff voice, very manly. Janet had told reporters that Grosse, one of the investigators, told her the voices were needed so that they could talk and pretty much right after that Janet would start using these voices. This low, gruff voice,would claim to be Bill. Due to Janet’s age, there was know why she would have been aware of this man. How did she know how he died? She never met him, then how did she know that Bill had died in that house, in an armchair in the living room and that he had died of a hemorrhage. They were able to actually confirm with Bill's son,  that is exactly how he died. And again, I don't know if it's true… could it be a hoax, I don't know. 

Y'all I don't know what's wrong with me this week... I'm lazy. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm not running as much as I'd like to. So next week hopefully I get out of this funk. But I decided that I'm going to do this Google Docs #sponsorme because they have the speech to text option, This makes it easier to be me on paper…. I have a tendency to go all Harvard professional… that is far from the truth… AND GUESS WHAT! My buddy Danny and I are going to be launching a podcast here hopefully in the next couple of days. I don't have the links yet… Danny is working on getting it with the Apple place and once that's all ready I will set out a note and let everybody know! Just think, now you can hear my awesome horribly raspy voice! I was playing with my sister's dogs and I sounds like Janis Joplin; probably I think, I don't know. If I miss anything in editing or sentences sound just fucking stupid, because this is how I actually talk. I'm not that professional, I can’t fake it. 

Anyway, back to the story; most investigators do believe that -in the beginning a lot of the activity was real. However; some people feel that Janet, this young girl; really started to get into having the attention she was given by reporters. Chunk, chunk leave it alone, good kitty. Yep, just yelled at my cat. Leaving it in, your welcome if you haven't read my  blog in a while, or are new. It's kind of a mess and, it's going to be worse now that I have the speech to text option. You've been warned. I digress, Most investigators really feel that the Story begins and ends with Janet.

Some believe that Janet story Echoes other Poltergeist activities. Typically, Poltergeist encounters occur around young women before they enter puberty. Fucking patriarchy. Janet was right at that perfect age, that sweet spot, she probably had not hit puberty yet. And unfortunately, she being right at age could have influenced some of her behaviors such as hiding a tape recorder for some unknown reason and or bending spoons so some people believe that this behavior might have been encouraged by Poltergeist activity.

If anyone's seen The Conjuring 2, it shows that Ed and Lorraine Warren were huge parts in the investigation in the house. However, Guy Playfair claims that that they only showed up uninvited to the house and stayed for one day. I don't know if that's true, just wait what Guy says. 
The paranormal activity suddenly came to a halt after a year-and-a-half. No explanation for why those all stopped, it just stopped. But again with Poltergeist hauntings, they do have a tendency to stop and start without any warning. However during this time frame that the family experienced this activity things such as moving furniture electrical equipment would break down for no reason the different voices and snarls and stuff coming from Janet in addition to the Knox and banging sounds heard from in and around the house. Again the cops were called in and nobody was able to ever identify the source for any of this activity.

Nobody knows what happened, why this happened, what caused it to happen, could it be true. I'm still kind of sketch call I still want to know I still kind of believe it did. I grew up in a haunted house so I just... I don't know if it could escalate that bad, but it did happen to my sister, but that's a story for another time.

That's all for this week Darlings. Stay creepy and wash your fucking hands

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How crazy is crazy... really?